Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A piece of rock in my foot

I am feeling something has embedded in my foot.

4 weeks ago, being barefoot all day long outside, I must have stepped on something.

I noticed later that day in the evening there is a small cut on my sole, it did not hurt so I did not pay any more attention to it.

Two weeks pass, the cut is not healing at all, I start feeling it at every step and of course all the time when running barefoot. I try to do a foot surgery on my own, needle, tweezers, hobby knife, nothing comes out.



It starts swelling, time to visit urgent care. The doctors says there may be something inside so she cuts it inch deep and finds nothing but a lot of infection.

7 days on antibiotics and a pause on barefoot running.

At a follow up visit the doctor is not happy with the healing process because the infection is not going away. She sends me to x-ray which is negative = no foreign body in foot.

After a week the swelling goes away, the spot almost heals up. It does not hurt at all but I still have that "stepping on a little rock" sensation in that place and there is still a tiny circular hole in the middle of the injured spot. It is also very hard when I squeeze it.




It feels like there must be something inside but after the wound has been cut open and explored by the doctor and x-rays have been done I am totally puzzled.

Not sure what to do next, maybe I will just give it some more time and see what happens.

I can keep running barefoot but at every step I get that "stepping on a little rock" sensation in that place.

Weird

Two week later

Long live the body's self-healing power !!

It took 2 more weeks and the cause of my troubles finally surfaced

It was just a very small piece of gravel, it must have been encapsulated inside and one day after a long time in a pool the skin on my sole was so soft that after squeezing the spot I was able to push it out.
I can run again without any foreign body sensation and it feels great !!

Still puzzled by the fact the doctor could not see it when digging inside but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment